Kristy's Reviews > The Keeping

The Keeping by Nicky Charles

2079018
Aug 03, 12

bookshelves: 2012, all-nighter, app-kindle, ebook, giveaways, hott-spots, vampires-werewolves-and-magic-oh-my, yay-quotes
Read from August 02 to 03, 2012 — I own a copy

So again, I can't believe these books are free. I feel like I should have paid for this. It was a bit slower moving than the first book in the series but the story was still good. I enjoyed the fact that Kane and Elise made several appearances as well. I also liked that those appearances were usually from Kane's POV, because most of the first book was more from Elise's perspective.

First, I will say that I wished that Ryne had more of an inner struggle with his feelings for Melody. There was definitely a strong battle between his wolf and his sense of responsibility. But I wished he would have examined his feelings for her. He seemed kind of cold in that respect. His wolf wanted her, but did he? I wouldn't have believed him as easily as Melody did after the things he said to her.

I LOVED Melody. That girl had me laughing so many times. At the beginning of the book, when I found out she was a journalist and her sole purpose in existing in this book was going to expose the packs made me think I wasn't going to like her. But she was sort of clumsy and really not the best journalist at all. I just loved her character, I thought she was really well written.

Also, I was impressed with the authors ability to make me like Lucy. Usually I don't like a woman in the story who has slept with the male love interest. I have a hard time over looking their former relationship even if the protagonist doesn't. But I really ended up liking Lucy. Which was a first for me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FAVORITE QUOTES

She didn't like beer and wasn't sure why she'd ordered it except, when Armand approached her, she'd been too in awe of the giant man to think.

"Bear." It was the first word that had popped into her mind and out of her mouth, upon looking at the man. Trying to cover up her faux-pas, she'd quickly coughed and then said "I mean beer."

~Melody

HAHAHA THIS is why I loved Melody's character. This scene had me laughing out loud.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Keeping.