Aimee (Getting Your Read On)'s Reviews > The Reluctant Bachelorette

The Reluctant Bachelorette by Rachael Anderson

1934633
Oct 04, 2012

Read in September, 2012

Honest to goodness, Rachael Anderson is one of my favorite clean romantic writers and this book is my favorite. It just made me feel, well, happy. Happy, happy, happy. Like sunshine and lollipops. Well, maybe not lollipops, more like sunshine and chocolate.

It's no secret that this book falls into my favorite genre. What I love about this book is that it is witty and fun. It's easy to read and just feels real. You know? I love the dynamics between Taycee and Luke. Chemistry. Yum.

Okay, so I want to share with you two of my favorite parts of the book. The first has to be mentioned because I am in love with Captain America. (Avengers is out! I have a hot date with my man and the couch to watch it tomorrow!) Anyway, love. Captain America. This is Taycee's first view of Luke after 10 years.

"Slowly, Taycee twisted around and then clenched her jaw to keep it from dropping. It was like watching the Captain America movie where the scrawny guy goes into the machine and come out looking . . . well, everything but scrawny."

And my second favorite bit . . .

"You look good tonight," said Luke.
"Thanks." Okay, so maybe that redeemed him a tad. A millimeter at most.
"I still can't get over the fact that you're all grown up now. It's so . . . weird."
And like Humpty Dumpty, down he went.

I picked this book up the day it was released and I've read it TWICE now. I know, sorta pathetic, right? But I loved it. Both times. I'm so happy to be a part of this blog tour and I'm so happy that Rachael Anderson writes books for me.
6 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Reluctant Bachelorette.