Kayla Sankey's Reviews > The Death Cure

The Death Cure by James Dashner

F_50x66
Aug 03, 12

Read in February, 2012

At the end of the last book the gladers are once again rescued by WICKED. However, they now realize how evil WICKED really is. They devise a plan to escape. They all work together and eventually escape with the help of Brenda and Jorge, who really aren't infected with The Flare but were secretly employed by WICKED. Jorge flys them to Denver, which is one of the only cities not infected by the Flare. Here they find a group called the Right Arm. The Right Arm is trying to take down WICKED, so the gladers are more than happy to help them out. However, cranks slowly begin to take over the city forcing Thomas and his friends to leave. Except one of his friends, Newt, becomes infected and dies. After this they make a plan so they don't have to continue to hide from WICKED. They decide they need to destroy WICKED. So they go back and fight. The gladers win but aren't safe from cranks so they are sent to a secret place that is safe for them so they can keep human existence alive while everyone else dies from The Flare.

WICKED picked these groups of boys and girls because somehow they are immune to the disease The Flare, which is slowly killing off all humans. Their goal with the kids is to find a cure to save people, however through many attempts, they are unsuccessful. So they send all the non infected people to a safe place so the human existence doesn't die out.

I gave this book a 10 out of 10. The ending of this book was perfect. This series all lead up to this book and all my questions were answered. I love this series and will read it again in a heartbeat. I still think it is better than The Hunger Games series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Death Cure.