Izzy Lightfleur ~ ON HIATUS's Reviews > The Challenge

The Challenge by Ridley Pearson

Jan 21, 13

bookshelves: awesomest-books-ever-read, boy-lead, can-you-believe-how-freaking-awesom
Read from January 12 to 16, 2013

It felt so good reading another Ridley Pearson book. It was a different genre, with different characters, a new plot, and a whole lot of awesomeness.

The main character, Steven 'Steel' Trapp, is a 14-year-old boy who has photographic memory. He's on his way to Washington, DC, to compete in a science competition called The Challenge. But on the way, he gets in a bit of trouble. When he tries to do a good deed, he quickly gets involved in something more important than The Challenge.

I picked up this book, because I had nothing to read. I'm a big fan of Ridley Pearson's 'Kingdom Keepers' series, and decided to pick up another of one of his book while I waited for 'Dark Passage' to come out. Now this is what I think when I see this book: STEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This book is a different genre than Kingdom Keepers, just about altogether. It's a mystery, action-adventure, thriller, and suspense book. I officially love it.

This book had humor, an action scene close to the end, and had me guessing the whole time. Steel is officially a new favorite fiction character of mine, along with his friend, Kaileigh. Some examples of parts that I thought deserved a giggle are shown below..
"You're brilliant," Kaileigh said.
"I try," Steel said immodestly.

"But when your mom finds out..."
"Yeah, but I'm already in so much trouble it doesn't count."
"I think it will count," Kaileigh said with a smile.
"Yeah, you're probably right."

Lol. :D I now think that any YA or Middle Grade books Ridley Pearson writes most likely deserve four or five stars. :D Whoo hoo! Go Pearson!!

This book gets an overall 5 star rating. I recommend it to Ridley Pearson fans! If you enjoy mystery, action-adventure, suspense, or thriller genres, then you should defiantly grab this book. Ages 11-19 should give this book a try.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Challenge.

01/16/2013