Anastasia & Amelia's Reviews > The Raft

The Raft by S.A. Bodeen

Aug 03, 12

bookshelves: to-read

Judging the Book by its Cover

"Raft," looks ... for lack of a better word ...intense. The girl on the cover looks like everything in life that could possibly go wrong, has gone wrong. The raft is holding her lifeless-looking body up. In fact, she looks like she's desperately holding on to that last string of life. We're wondering... "What the heck, why isn't she swimming?" More specifically, where's that stereotyped, hot lifeguard that saves the damsel in distress?!

Ahhh, that's more like it. See? All she needed was a bit of  Ryan Lochte. (Everyone needs a bit of Ryan Lochte...)

See no evil, Speak no evil, Read this evil?

We find the first sentence of the overview to be a bit irritating. " Robie is an experienced traveler." So why the heck are you traveling ... alone.  The reason she's lost at sea, is because a big storm decides to "out-of-nowhere," attack her ship. Does anyone check the weather anymore?! Just for that she deserves something like this:

Never fear, Max (a.k.a Ryan Lochte), the co-pilot of the ship that Robie was aboard, helps save her. They're both lost at sea. Too bad. Since we're talking about Ryan Lochte Max, here, we're predicting they survive. Actually, we're imagining Robie, and Ryan Lochte Max surfing waves with umbrellas.

We pray and hope with every ounce of determination we can possibly muster, that Robie and Max don't fall for each other. Clearly Ryan Lochte is ours. Makes you want to be lost at sea too, doesn't it?  This is not a to-read, but a MUST-read. (Ryan Lochte makes everything a 5 star ;] )

Temptation Scale - 5/5

Don't forget to rate this novel on our site, and leave a comment letting us know you rated it. Whichever book has the most positive ratings at the end of the month, will be featured as a giveaway, during that month. (Whoever rated that specific book, will be entered into that raffle.) Drop a comment below, we'd love to hear what you think about it too! (:

More "before-reviews" @: http://readingtemptations.blogspot.com/

3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Raft.