Linda's Reviews > The Surrender of Miss Fairbourne

Aug 11, 2012

it was ok
bookshelves: from-library
Read from August 03 to 10, 2012

This is the first of Madeline Hunter's books that I've read. This is the first in a series and that means a lot of exposition and a lot of history of pre-Napoleonic War history. I know more about smugglers and efforts to thwart them than I ever did before.

That point made, the dryness of the book outweighed the erotic and for a Regency romance, slightly unusual sex and love making. It took a long time for Emma and Darius to get to that milestone, it was interesting because as the usual untouched heroine, she was really into making love quickly.

In fact, at one critical point it seems to derail her from her main purpose in the book--to keep Fairbourne's auction house afloat for her missing at sea brother, Robert whom Emma believes to be alive and she's willing to go any lengths to retrieve him.

Interestingly, what we learn of Robert makes him in no way our secondary hero.

An okay read, if I come across the other books I might pick them up, however, I won't be anxious to do that as I am for say, Mary Balogh.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Surrender of Miss Fairbourne.

08/06/2012 page 58