♡Karlyn P♡'s Reviews > Lover Avenged

Lover Avenged by J.R. Ward

May 13, 09

bookshelves: published-2009, read-2009, genre-paranromal, steam-hot
Read in May, 2009

Loved it, and I am just glad to see Ward is back! I know some complain that the series is becoming more urban fantasy and not stand-alone romances, but I love the Brotherhood and there was so much romance in this one I couldn't complain at all. Rhev and Ehlena were great and got plenty of page coverage. I was happy as can be that the story included all the different characters too, so it wasn't just about Rhev and Ehlena. Loved how things are changing for the Brotherhood and all the guys personally. Loved the writing style and pacing of the story, Ward has clearly nailed it. I can't wait for John/Xhex story!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lover Avenged.

05/11/2009 page 330

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Maya Ek, lucky you, I'm SO getting this as soon as I can lol.

message 2: by Deb (new) - rated it 5 stars

Deb I agree with everything you said in your review. Rehv/Ehlena were perfect, as were Wrath and Beth, long one of my favorite couples in the Brotherhood. Loved seeing them all back, working together, and I thought the set-up for John and Xhex's book was brilliant. I finished this book a couple weeks ago and I still can't get it out of my mind.

Maya And I am still waiting for my copy, ahhhh, the pleasures of living in Kuwait :(

♡Karlyn P♡ Deb - I so agree about the setup for John and Xhex's story. Wow, I can't wait. Someone posted that it wont be available for a year and that it will be called 'Lover Mine'. Long wait!!

Maya - do you have the book on order or are you just waiting for it be available in your area?

Maya KarLynP wrote: "Deb - I so agree about the setup for John and Xhex's story. Wow, I can't wait. Someone posted that it wont be available for a year and that it will be called 'Lover Mine'. Long wait!!

Maya - do..."

On order, just waiting for it to arrive...

message 6: by Deb (last edited May 15, 2009 04:07AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Deb KarLynP wrote: "Deb - I so agree about the setup for John and Xhex's story. Wow, I can't wait. Someone posted that it wont be available for a year and that it will be called 'Lover Mine'. Long wait!!

I can't believe the release of the book is a year off! I need to know what happens with Xhex now! : )I like the title of the book. It really goes with JM's last thoughts about Xhex, which totally made me root for JM.

Maya Is anyone actually getting the sneaky feeling that JM is D? Or is that just me?

message 8: by Deb (new) - rated it 5 stars

Deb Maya wrote: "Is anyone actually getting the sneaky feeling that JM is D? Or is that just me?"

Not just you. I've had that same feeling since JM was introduced. I'm hoping the reveal of that fact comes out in the next book.

Auntee Maya wrote: "Is anyone actually getting the sneaky feeling that JM is D? Or is that just me?"

I always thought that JM was Darius reincarnated...or something like that.

message 10: by Dina (new)

Dina Maya wrote: "Is anyone actually getting the sneaky feeling that JM is D? Or is that just me?"

I'm waaaaay behind in this series - I've only read the 1st 2 books so far - but I already have this feeling. I thought this "mystery" would have been solved by now, but I see it hasn't.

message 11: by Deb (new) - rated it 5 stars

Deb Auntee wrote: "Maya wrote: "Is anyone actually getting the sneaky feeling that JM is D? Or is that just me?"

I always thought that JM was Darius reincarnated...or something like that."

At the end of the first book (I think) the Scribe Virgin gave Darius the option of coming back with a new life, although he wouldn't remember anything of his old life and if I'm remembering right, he wouldn't be able to speak either. That was the price for being sent back from the Fade. Since JM is mute, I always assumed he was Darius.

Auntee Deb wrote: "Auntee wrote: "Maya wrote: "Is anyone actually getting the sneaky feeling that JM is D? Or is that just me?"

I always thought that JM was Darius reincarnated...or something like that."

At th..."

My thoughts exactly, Deb.:)

♡Karlyn P♡ Maya wrote: "Is anyone actually getting the sneaky feeling that JM is D? Or is that just me?"

I would be surprised if he isn't Darius reincarnated. They haven't touched on that in a few books, but I assume much will be revealed in John's story. The title 'Lover Mine' is perfect on all levels, since Xhex appeared to once be involved with the AWOL Mhurder. I assume he will be reappear in the next book too.

message 14: by Deb (new) - rated it 5 stars

Deb KarLynP wrote: "Maya wrote: "Is anyone actually getting the sneaky feeling that JM is D? Or is that just me?"

When I was reading LA, I couldn't recall who Muhrder was or when/how he was previously mentioned. Can anyone refresh my memory, please? I'm curious about him now since Xhex was previously involved with him.

message 15: by Maya (new) - rated it 5 stars

Maya
Deb wrote: When I was reading LA, I couldn't recall who Muhrder was or when/how he was previously mentioned. Can anyone refresh my memory, please? I'm curious about him now since Xhex was previously involved with him

If I am not mistaken Mhurder was only mentioned in passing that he was the only one of the Brotherhood ever to be thrown out...Can someone correct me if I am wrong?

Auntee I think you're right, Maya. I don't remember much about him either, although I know he was mentioned...

message 17: by ♡Karlyn P♡ (last edited May 15, 2009 03:36PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

♡Karlyn P♡ I think he had something to do with V's youth, but overall he is an undefined character mentioned only briefly. I think the only thing we really need to know is that he is the one brother who quit. We don't know why or any details. Now it appears Xhex may be part of that story. Wow, we really have to wait a year for the next book??! Argh.

message 18: by Deb (new) - rated it 5 stars

Deb Thanks everyone for the refresher on Muhrder. Based on what you said he was probably mentioned previously in V's book, but it doesn't sound like we got much information, which is probably why I don't remember more. If he was involved somehow with V though, it does explain why there seemed to be more hostility between him and Xhex than with the other brothers.

BJ Rose Dina, I think we may have an advantage here! I've also only finished the first two books of the series, so while the others are waiting impatiently for the next book, we can use the time by enjoying the other 5 books. But I would be surprised if the early birds don't do some rereading while they're waiting! And I do thank them for praising the series, as I doubt I would have tried it otherwise.

message 20: by Dina (new)

Dina BJ Rose wrote: "Dina, I think we may have an advantage here! I've also only finished the first two books of the series, so while the others are waiting impatiently for the next book, we can use the time by enjoying the other 5 books."

So true! I'm really late to a lot of series - the exceptions being J.D. Robb's In Death series and Nalini Singh's Psy-Changeling series - and, as I'm usually impatient, it's wonderful to be able to grab the next book in a series anytime I want to. :)