Addie R.'s Reviews > The Evolution of Mara Dyer

The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

Originally posted on Bookworm Recommendations

-----------------------

This book deserves all the stars in the world. I’m not kidding. To think it couldn’t get better than the first, it definitely does. You get answers, more Noah Shaw, more perpetual mind-fucking, only to end with even more questions on another horrible cliffhanger. And guys, if you thought the first cliffhanger was torture, then just wait till this one. I am seriously going mad for book three, and I don’t know how many times I checked for more pages and finding none. This is probably going to be the shortest review in history, but I really don’t want to spoil anything. And to be truthful, my mind is just all over the place and I’m still going crazy from that “ending.”

If you thought The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer was creepy, just wait till this one. There’s creepy dolls, raining dead crows (don’t ask) and much much more freaky stuff going on. And of course, there’s more of Noah Shaw. And the romance? Oh lordy, Noah had me melting and swooning all over the place. And we get to know him much more deeply, and it tore my heart apart.

If I were you, I would read this book at a time where nothing will interrupt you, because it’s going to be very hard to stop reading. There’s so many plot twists and just unexpected mind-boggling things going on that it’s just impossible to get your eyes off the pages. I know I probably didn’t give this book nowhere enough justice it deserves, but trust me when I say it’s good, and I mean really good. If you loved The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer then you will most definitely love The Evolution of Mara Dyer.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Evolution of Mara Dyer.

Quotes Addie R. Liked

Michelle Hodkin
“We are far too screwed up for a goddamned love triangle.”

Michelle Hodkin
“I'm not sure you can appreciate how much I want to lay you out before me and make you scream my name.”

Michelle Hodkin
“This was the boy I loved. A little bit messy. A little bit ruined. A beautiful disaster. Just like me.”

Michelle Hodkin
“I knew one hundred little things about Noah Shaw but when he kissed me I couldn't remember my own name.”

Michelle Hodkin
“They rattled my cage to see if I'd bite. When they released me, they'd see that the answer was yes.”

Michelle Hodkin
“Everyone is a little crazy. The only difference between us and them is that they hide it better.”

11/01/2012 page 124
22.0% "Shit just got freaky. o.o" 2 comments
11/02/2012 page 161
29.0% "Holy shit. Raining dead crows? What's next?!"
11/02/2012 page 226