Johanna's Reviews > First Frost

First Frost by Liz DeJesus

Aug 25, 12

bookshelves: challenge2012, books-reviewed
Read from August 22 to 26, 2012

** spoiler alert ** The adventure could´ve began a bit earlier, that would´ve gotten me excited earlier as well. Other than that I really liked the way the author has mixed a fairy tale kind of characters with the regular kind. I loved the idea of the fairy tales being true and the artifacts from tales being magical items. I think I would´ve enjoyed the story even more if there had been a bit more romance to it than there was, but I get that it was the adventure it was for and I really liked the adventure this story takes you to! Amazing ideas from a fairy tale without using too much about the original thing, I wish I had imagination and ideas like this!!

ch 1-5

First chapter done,it has definitely caught my attention! A fairy tale museum. Mysterious and magical..

I really like this idea, what the book is about. It is good so far and a quick read, but it is not exciting, at least not yet.. :)

ch 6-12

Ok so her friend Ming knows everything now that Bianca's mom has disappeared with Lenore.

There is something here that makes me want to keep reading more and more, but I can not say what that exactly is.

Huge grin! Prince Ferdinand and Terrance, really liking them!

Perfect, the story went to Lenore and Rose for a while and on perfect timing.

Ch 13-19

I just can´t get over the idea of this story, such a great idea. All these fairy tales items being magical items and Everafter. So now her father is with them and their headed to find her mom..

Oh the Big Bad Wolfe and Terrance, haha! Her nightmares, they are pretty creepy! A mysterious Old Woman, hmm.

Ch. 20-

I love what the author has decided to do with the character Ming here! This just doesn't happen in books, ever. Great!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read First Frost.