Catherine's Reviews > A Lady Never Lies

A Lady Never Lies by Juliana  Gray

Sep 10, 12

Read from August 02 to 13, 2012 — I own a copy

This was fun to read. I really liked that we stepped out of the ton and instead got to experience a little glimpse of the scientific/motor enthusiast world in the early days.

*For a sneak peek, check out the Tempting Teaser on Fiction Vixen*

*Review posted on Fiction Vixen*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Lady Never Lies.

08/03/2012 page 7
2.0% "

"My dear fellows, I shall lay my cards upon the table, as they say. I've been concerned about the two of you for some time."

Wallingford's expression grew even blacker. "I can't imagine why. Our poverty, perhaps? Our lack of female companionship?"

"There it is! There's your trouble, right there. You don't even recognize how frivolous your lives have become. You've no purpose, no driving [cont'd...]

" 1 comment
08/03/2012 page 104
33.0% "Wallingford's paranoid searching for Lady Morley cracked me up. Without women and drink he has nothing better to do than to invent conspiracy theories. lol."
08/04/2012 page 110
34.0% "

"I wish..." Her shoe moved against the floor, a single hesitant step. "I wish...I want to tell you...how beautiful you are."

His heartbeat thundered against his ears. "That's absurd."

"No it isn't." Her words came in a rush. "Your brilliant mind, and your face, and your eyes. And your hands--how I love your hands, large and clever, cracking walnuts and soldering wires..."

-first kiss lead up"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new)

Amy I'm anxious to hear what you think of this new author. This one is on my wishlist.

Catherine I'm really excited to read it. You know the quotes from other people who liked the book/author that are included in the first couple pages of the book? There are really positive ones from Suzanne Enoch, Jennifer Ashley, Meredith Duran, and Elizabeth Hoyt. I love those authors, so I hope this book is as good as I'm hoping it is.

message 3: by Amy (new)

Amy I hope so too! :)

message 4: by Lady Wesley (new) - added it

Lady Wesley A most impressive line up of authors blessing this book. I'll be quite interested in what you think!

Catherine I'll keep you guys posted with updates. :)