Veronica 's Reviews > Darklands

Darklands by Nancy Holzner

Aug 08, 12

bookshelves: urban-fantasy, female-protagonist, welsh-celtic-mythology
Read from August 03 to 05, 2012

The Deadtown series has fast become one of my favorite UF series. It has just the right mix of supernatural s*%$ hitting the fan and romance.

Since book one (or maybe it was two), we've known that Vicky has carried the world's weight in guilt over the death of her beloved father. That all comes into play in this installment as Vicky travels to the land of the dead in order to stop the latest bid to end the world as we know it. The things that subsequently happen will have consequences and we'll just have to wait to see how it all plays out.

One of those consequences will undoubtably affect Kane, Vicky's scrumptious werewolf boyfriend. I just love Kane but then how can you not love a man who will literally follow the woman he loves to the very gates of hell? Vicky has always been a little committment phobic even as she's found herself being drawn further into this romance with Kane almost without her noticing but her feelings about him are firm and clear. I think that some dark days may be coming, not in terms of what Kane and Vicky feel for each other, but in terms of what they may have to face together. They have become one of my favorite UF couples so I'm rooting for them to stay strong.

As far as covers go, this one is not my favorite. It looks like the cover model is wearing a bad wig but hey, never judge a book...right? lol

I eagerly await the next book.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darklands.