Cindy ~ SnS Reviews's Reviews > My Liege of Dark Haven

My Liege of Dark Haven by Cherise Sinclair

4512039
Aug 29, 12

Read from August 28 to 29, 2012

Every time I read a Cherise Sinclair book it becomes my favorite.

Abigail Bern's life isnt going to so well. Her boyfriend just dumped her because she cannot trust and submit to him and she is afraid she is going to get caught in her university cutbacks. She needs to write a research paper and have it published to strengthen her resume. She decides she wants to write it on the behavior of those in a BDSM club. When she goes there are many funny moments just at the front reception area due to her innocence on the BDSM scene. When she realizes that she has to be a member and that there is a huge membership fee she realizes she might not get in until Simon offers her the receptionist job on Fridays and Saturdays until Lindsay comes on and then she can enjoy the club until closing.

Xavier Leduc is the owner of Dark Haven. Since his wife died years ago he has closed his heart off. He has women he plays with at the club and women he trains as slaves at home for other masters but no one he keeps just for himself. When he meets his new receptionist he he intrigued by her innocence of the BDSM lifestyle and decides to use her right away for a demonstration which his "little fluff" (loved that name her gave her) of course balks at but no one tells My Liege no..

Things I LOVED about this book..

1. Dixon the sub - who was manning the reception desk when Abby first came in - he was very funny and in the end also turned out to be a very emotional friend.

2. Watching Abby who was a some what a child prodigy and professor never being able to turn her brain off and Xavier realizing this was preventing her from experiencing "pleasure". I think alot of us have this problem of not being able to shut our brains off and just experience the moment or feeling and I actually found myself listening to Xavier and wanting to obey :)

3. Simon and Rona were the first friends Abby made. It was so good to see them.

4. The foster puppies - They were soo cute

5. Meeting new characters like Lindsay and deVries

6. When Xavier took Abby home and stayed with her and fed the puppies for her.. Sigh...

7. Finding out about Xavier past and about the company he runs and why he started it.

8. The 4th of July Party... Not only do we get to see every past characters from all the Dark Haven series we get a another fun "game" played out in the woods. Very sinful game.. I am hoping we get to see more of the deVries/Mitchell/Lindsay dynamic in the future.

9. When Xavier was hurt and couldn't do for himself - Watching Abby morph into mother hen and Xavier having to take it for the time being :)

10. Abby's punishment for being forgiven for not telling everyone about the research paper she was writing. Whew - glad it wasnt me :)

I really liked all of times away from the club. Seeing them both trying to make of go of the relationship away from the club. I have come to love this series as much as Shadowlands and hope she plans to continue it.

Bravo on another well written book Ms Sinclair.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Liege of Dark Haven.