Cindy ~ SnS Reviews's Reviews > Don't Say A Word

Don't Say A Word by Beverly Barton

4512039
Aug 04, 12

Read from August 03 to 04, 2012

This is the last book we will ever get from Beverly may she RIP. I dont know if it was knowing that or what but this was a great book. This is the sequel to Don't Cry.

Homicide detective Julia Cass (J.D. sister) decides to move to Chattanooga to start a new life with the Homicide Division and be closer to her brother after losing her partner in the line of duty. JD has asked his partner FBI agent Will Brannock to pick her up at the airport. After seeing him send off his one night stand she doesnt hold a high impression of him. On the way from the airport JD gets a call about a murder. Once there both he and Julia are assigned together on the case that turns out to be a serial killer.

I thought the writing was flawless. She flowed from humorous to sensual to suspenseful seamlessly.

Will and Julia had such chemistry with each other right from the start even when she thought he was just a womanizer.

This book also finishes two story arc's that started in Don't Cry. Special Agent J.D. Cass and grief counselor Audrey Sherrod along with his daughter Zoe and Tam and Marcus.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Don't Say A Word.