Teresa's Reviews > The Assassin and the Empire

The Assassin and the Empire by Sarah J. Maas

Aug 20, 2012

Read from August 18 to 20, 2012

The Assassin and the Empire

Crap…This last novella is just….DSERJGTEOSRGKWHATJ.

And I’ve only just flicked onto the first page.

[Update]

Okay, so I was totally expecting it, but it really hit me like a four tonne truck – head on. This book is just heart wrenching and frustratingly sad that I nearly smashed my Kobo into teenie tiny pieces – which wouldn’t have been cool.

But I was so close.

So, here the four novellas are great, in my opinion, in giving a connection with the main character, something that readers can think during the actual novel and think “yes, I know why she’s doing this and thinks this.”

And in TAATE, she was totally kick-ass, just left, right, slashing people and all that – but who could blame her? She fell into that pit where she had nothing left to lose – a last attempt to go out with a bang.

But it was frustrating to see her get betrayed by the same person and just ARGH – Y U NO C?
And even though it’s a fantasy, there’s no denying that this series is a romance second. But reading these novellas, I feel like I missed out on the original posted on fictionpress – I wish that I had been a part of this, but since she had posted it up a while ago, when I was in primary school and not so into reading or writing, I wouldn’t have found my way upon it, but no point in crying over what’s done.

Same goes for this book.

Now that Celaena has gone through all that pain, love, betrayal, numbness and bloodshed, I think it’s time for more…?

Time for me to move onto the actual novel!

Man, these novellas sure know how to build up anticipation!x

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Assassin and the Empire.