Ellie's Reviews > More Baths, Less Talking

More Baths, Less Talking by Nick Hornby
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read More Baths, Less Talking.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephanie (new) - added it

Stephanie So glad I saw you marked this to read! Nick Hornby is one of my absolute favorites. Can't wait to read this one!

message 2: by Ellie (new) - added it

Ellie I really love Nick Hornby too! I learned of this book from a Goodreads email, "New books coming out from Authors you've read." Hooray for Goodreads! I read that it's part of a series (preceded with "Housekeeping vs the Dirt" and "Shakespeare Wrote for Money." The city library has a copy of the 1st title and I'm going to try to get it today. I'll let you know what I think. Since it's Nick Hornby, I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

message 3: by Stephanie (new) - added it

Stephanie "Housekeeping vs. The Dirt" and "Shakespeare Wrote For Money" were both great. There's another compilation of his essays for The Believer called "The Polysyllabic Spree" that I loved as well. Now I need to figure out why I didn't get that email from Goodreads. I think I've read all but his YA book. Just glad you found it. Can't wait to pick it up!

message 4: by Ellie (new) - added it

Ellie Thanks, Stephanie! I borrowed "Housekeeping" and Polysyllabic Spree" from the library, and loved them both. The library didn't have the other 2 so I ordered them online. Received "More Baths, Less Talking" today. Would you like to borrow it, or did you get a copy already? I'm considering buying a subscription to the Believer.

message 5: by Stephanie (new) - added it

Stephanie Thanks, Ellie. I ordered a copy of "More Baths, Less Talking" over the weekend. I may have to take a break from my current book to read it...don't think I'll be able to wait. Plus, it will be a nice counter balance to my current reading on the Russian Revolution!! Nothing like Nick Hornby to lighten things up a bit.