Becky's Reviews > The Choice

The Choice by Nicholas Sparks

Nov 21, 2008

Read in November, 2008

I have to be in a certain type of mood to read a Sparks book. A friend told me this was a good, but I get irritated with Sparks tendency to kill off his protagonists by the end.

The Choice is a great read (and thoughtful...who doesn't need to be reminded that we all need Living Wills.) I loved the Part One where Travis and Gabby "grow" in love. Part Two moves too quickly, but this might not be a bad thing. As a reader, I wanted more details, but admit this would have muddle the plot and ultimately the point of the story: How far would you go to keep the hope of love alive?

A great read for a snowy afternoon under a quilt.

10 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Choice.

03/27 marked as: read

Ashton Butler I agree with this completely. I love Nicholas Sparks. But you know what you're getting into when you read his books. You're reading a romance that isn't always realistic but that tells a story of true hope and love. I hate when he goes and kills off a protagonist or ends a book on a completely sad note.

What I really loved about this book was his ability to surprise. This is one of his books I thought that was the least predictable. It also had some of the most well written characters. I loved Gabby and Stephanie and Travis. I even loved all of Travis's friends.

The only thing I didn't love about this book is I would have liked to read more about the time in their lives between Part 1 and Part 2. I really would have loved more detail in that part of their lives instead of just skipping ahead.