Kelly Moran's Reviews > Deadly Identity

Deadly Identity by Lindsay McKenna

Aug 03, 12

bookshelves: my-reviews

One bad decision changed Rachel's life forever. After her ex-husband killed their unborn child, and nearly killed her, Rachel testifies against her drug lord husband and lands in the FBI's witness protection program. But now he's escaped, and Rachel flees to a small Wyoming town where she falls in love with Sheriff Cade Turner, his adopted baby girl, and the entire small community. But when her past finds her, the consequences can be deadly.

This is my first time reading a McKenna book. In honesty, the dialog, both internal and external, felt forced and unnecessary in most places, as well as repetitious. The family took to Rachel way too fast, and so did Cade. And the ending was wrapped too neatly without feeling like the tension built to a peak.

In saying that, McKenna knows how to lay out the setting and landscape so you feel like you're right where the characters are. There was also a lot of sentiment and emotion in this story from the character's history, which made you root for them. *SPOILER* I also like that she had the mother assassinated, instead of going the easy route and saving everyone. Unexpected and well-done on that front.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deadly Identity.