Nicole's Reviews > The Twelve

1071939
Aug 03, 2012

bookshelves: 2015
Read from January 13 to 25, 2015

Here are the things I remember about the first book in this series,The Passage:
1) I was really excited to read it. It came out at a time where vampires were at their peak but everyone was getting sick of the beautiful, mysterious, romantic vampire and just wanted to read some good, old fashioned vampire stories.
2) It was really long. I really think you could kill someone with this book. It's like Justin Cronin and George R.R. Martin are the President and Vice President of the We-Write-Incredibly-Long-Books-That-Equal-Entire-Series-from-Other-Authors club.
3) I think that part of it takes place in a city with walls around it and bright lights and maybe guards to keep watch at night. Although, this sounds strangely like the premise of other books I've read: The Maze Runner and Rot and Ruin and kinda like the Walking Dead, so maybe I'm confusing myself on that one.
And that's it. In fact, when I read my review of The Passage, I literally did not remember anything from the story line... nothing. Because of this, I was a bit worried about reading this one. However, it was actually pretty good. Maybe not, I'll remember this story for the rest of my life good, but entertaining nonetheless.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Twelve.

01/13/2015 marked as: currently-reading