Brian's Reviews > Shrink Rap

Nov 21, 2008

it was ok
bookshelves: fiction-mystery-detective
Read in December, 2008

A 330 page mystery that does not contain any real action until page 240 fails to meet even my lowest expectations. My love of Parker's style, wit, and creative intellect remains unblemished; however, 'Shrink Rap' became tiresome. Sunny Randall's character falls short of Spenser - obviously - and certainly Jesse Stone. Perhaps the problem revolves around a male author attempting to provide the insight and emotions of a female character. The slow plot, cliche psychiatric dialogue, and confusing character development shot this one down to a '2.' Admittedly, the final 50 pages kept my interest. If your reading addictions lend themselves to Parker novels, you will get through 'Shrink Rap' unscathed. Otherwise, avoid it!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shrink Rap.

Bridget You hit the nail on the head. But I think I'll continue with the Sunny Randall series. I did like the first two.

Brian I just finished 'Painted Ladies'...I think there are a couple more Spensers coming soon!

Bridget The next one (which may be the last) is Sixkill, I think it comes out sometime in May.