Josheka's Reviews > Confessions of an Angry Girl

Confessions of an Angry Girl by Louise Rozett

Aug 03, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: arc-galley, above-average, e-book, teen, ya-romance
Read from August 04 to 08, 2012

More of my reviews @ Reading 24x7

Confessions Of An Angry Girl was an okay read for me. The cover and the summary truly describe the story perfectly! And I really, really loved the cover.
The beginning was really irritating mainly because of the whiny protagonist, but as the story moved on, it got better to a point where I couldn't put it down before finishing it.
The writing style of Ms. Rozett was awesome! Even if you didn't like the characters, her way of writing out her story will automatically make you wanna read more and that's one of the best thing I liked about this novel. The story was fine but the way it ended was ah-mazing and had a bit of a cliff-hanger.

Quite frankly, I did not like Rose. Not at all. I really tried to understand her reasons for being such an uptight snob but couldn't. So yes, her dad died and it was justified for her to feel angry and upset and a bit confused. But that still doesn't give you a free pass to act all mean and rude with other people who care about you. In the first half of the book, I honestly felt like throwing a big car on her, don't ask me why. She reminded me slightly of Bridget from Here Lies Bridget.

Jamie was fine but he lost a LOT of brownie points from me when he kissed Rose twice while he was still in another relationship. That's not what decent guys do and no matter how many reasons were behind him cheating on his girlfriends, it's still too wrong for me to actually like him that much. Aside from this, Jamie was likable, I guess. Although I never really could find anything bad-ass about him. Hmph, maybe it's just me..?

All the other characters were nice, and realistic. This book showed many things that happen to us in real life and also showed us how to deal with them. The message was really nice and overall, the story was good and worth reading atleast once. I really want to read the next book in the series, Confessions Of An Almost Girlfriend and see what happens next in
Rose's life :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Confessions of an Angry Girl.

08/05/2012 "I'm tired of the female protagonist already -.-""
08/07/2012