Megan's Reviews > We Can Remember It for You Wholesale

We Can Remember It for You Wholesale by Philip K. Dick

Aug 03, 12

bookshelves: 2012, summer-reads-2012
Read in August, 2012

I read this story because I vowed that I would every piece of literature that inspired a movie that I plan on seeing this year. My friend wants me to see the new Total Recall movie with him, so I gave this short story a whirl.

I liked it mostly because of the odd ending. It made me laugh out of a mixture of the absurdity and irony of it. That's always a plus in my book.

Other than the ending, I found the concept intriguing and terrifying. Another plus. However, I felt that a lot could have been added and expanded on--that it could've been better. I guess that's why the Arnold Schwarzenegger movie was made. It's hard to compare the two because they're so different in my mind, so I won't. All I can say is that I liked them both but in different ways.

Overall, I thought this story would have more action and suspense than it did because of misconceptions associated with the movie, but I don't regret reading it. It was enjoyable and the ending was funny.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read We Can Remember It for You Wholesale.