Cass - Words on Paper's Reviews > Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

bookshelves: classics, reread, read-2012
Recommended for: EVERYONE
Read from August 02 to 04, 2012, read count: 2

4.5/5

Not one of my favourites of the series, but I still loved it. Rowling's writing is phenomenal. I just really didn't like the spiders and snakes, nor all the annoying characters (who we're meant to dislike immensely).

On the other hand, Dobby and Ginny make their first appearances in this book. The historical insight into how Voldemort came into being was also extremely interesting. Then there's the power play between Harry & Draco, and the whole mystery aspect to this installment. I could not stop reading; even when I knew how things ended I'd forgotten all the in-between stuff, since I'd only read #2 once before years ago.

This 'review' won't be long; really, this is just so that I can remember little things I thought about the book. I'm kind of stuck in a stupor now, in awe of the world that Rowling created. Just... I may not be an adamant fan of her series (at least in this point in time - maybe once I finish the whole series through?), but I'm just amazed whenever I watch/read any Harry Potter.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.

08/02/2012 page 44