Katelyn Strickland's Reviews > Starling

Starling by Lesley Livingston

Oct 01, 2012

liked it
Read from September 24 to October 01, 2012

Loved the 'Wondrous Strange' series, very intrigued by this book! And, it comes out soon! Even better :)

Good book overall, but I found myself getting a tad distracted throughout it. The premise was awesome, and I enjoyed our main character and Fennrys (hottie!) But, I feel like we may have spent too much time in others' POV. Although we did learn a lot from not being in Mason's head 24/7, I would have liked more with her - especially with her and Fennrys. Why was she so drawn to him? Why does she find herself breaking the rules to be around him? I need to know! It's fine that she is so drawn to him... I'm sure I would be too... I just want a little more insight into her decisions.

I enjoyed Lesley's characters though, especially Heather. She surprised me a lot with how much I ended up liking her, though she wasn't in the book too terribly much. And it surprised me how much I started to dislike Cal. I mean, I feel bad for him, obviously, but he began to turn into quite the weirdo.

Anyway, you can find my whole review on my blog!

Overall, 3 out of 5 stars!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Starling.

09/26/2012 page 145
41.0% "Well, at least I have an IDEA of what's going on..... Sort of, not really. Haha."