Laura Graves's Reviews > Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 18

Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 18 by Bisco Hatori

Aug 04, 12

bookshelves: 2012, manga
Read from August 02 to 04, 2012

The final volume! It’s been a long road, and while I love the characters in the series, it was definitely time for the conclusion. There were a few volumes in there that I didn’t even bother to review because I didn’t enjoy them very much. There were also some really great volumes, and this was one of them. It was a great conclusion, and actually went in a direction I wasn’t expecting.

This volume was really centered around Tamaki. He wants his first date with Haruhi to be perfect. I was a little sad that I didn’t get more from Haruhi, but did enjoy the little I got. She makes some big decisions about her future and she compromises a bit with Tamaki so they can be together. Tamaki spends most of the volume freaking out, as usual. He does have a few really sweet moments though. The rest of the Host Club takes more of a back seat, but they’re still very present, most rescuing Tamaki from ruining his date with Haruhi and helping him plan something huge for her at the end of term.

This volumes is mostly about wrapping up lose ends. There are little glimpses into everyone’s future from Hatori. The plot can be broken in two. First, there’s the planning and date with Tamaki and Haruhi. Second Haruhi and the Host Club make some big plans for the future. All of that surprised me a bit so I’m not going to go into detail because I think it would be spoilerish. There’s also an extra side-story at the end based on Kyoya, but the rest of the Host Club is involved in that too.

All in all, a good conclusion to a good series. I was pleased that parts of this ending surprised me. That’s always a plus. There’s also a side-story about Kyoya. I recommend this series to manga lovers, but I wouldn’t spend money on it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 18.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Jeannette I think she wrapped the series up well. I enjoyed the future stories, too.