Chelsea Mcconkey's Reviews > Midnight

Midnight by L.J. Smith

Aug 02, 12

Read in July, 2012

Whut?

God Almighty, I don't know where the hell this series took a turn for the INSANE. I loved this series. That was until slimy things that I have never heard of and foxy supernatural creatures started taking over and people were going seriously batshit crazy. It's like Smith reached out into the depths of a black hole and pulled lint from the pages of beastiaries to keep this story going.

And the Dark Dimension. It would be great to read that in a fantasy series that focused on that one place. Not an earth centered world tinged with supernatural creatures. And all this silly madness about these "Wings" magic.

I kind of just skimmed through it all. My eyes focused on whenever I saw Damon's name though. He made it that much better.

And all this "my love" speak started to get on my nerves. Elena may have died and come back, but she isn't some 600 year old stuck in the Victorian era woman. There IS a lot of responsibility on her back, but her immaturity comes out all the time and her speech doesn't match. I just....I don't know what to make of this. I'm thinking I might just wiki the last book, especially since it is supposedly being written by a ghost writer.

Holy hell Smith, holy hell.

I hate to say it, but the television series is 100% better than these new books. And most of the time I prefer the books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Midnight.