Chel (The Procrastinator's Corner)'s Reviews > Intangible

Intangible by Jen  Meyers

Aug 02, 12

bookshelves: for-review
Read in June, 2012

This review was originally posted on my blog. :)

Sera and Luke are no ordinary twins. Sera had the power to heal and Luke, to see the future. After a devastating event that happened with their grandmother when they were younger, the twins both decided that it was best to keep their talents a secret.

Intangible was told from third person point of view that switches among the characters. The book starts with a prelude, an excerpt from one of the interesting events that would happen in the future. The first half of the book was a little dull and I felt slightly detached from all the characters. I would've had a hard time reading this if I weren't holding on to the prelude to finally happen. Plus, Meyers' story-telling was captivating and almost hypnotic. The third person POV also amped the mystery and intrigue factor that even though I couldn't connect with the characters, it was hard to put the book down. The author also didn't seem to have a problem with unfolding secrets after secrets through different character point of views. When you thought that the only secret was that of Luke and Sera's, you'd be surprised what Meyers had in store for you. It gave me the feeling as if I was eavesdropping on the characters' thoughts as they revealed their deepest, darkest secrets. It was intensely distressing, to be honest.

It was unfortunate, however, that even on the second half, I still couldn't connect with Sera and Luke. There was also the problem of insta-love and my dislike for the guy that Sera had her eyes on. I take my OTP very seriously and I tend to get depressed when the guy I like didn't get the girl, so I had to endure all their sexy times together. Ick. But I love the ending. It seemed like the pairing I was rooting for would finally happen in the next book. Well, hopefully.

All in all, Intangible was an enjoyable read with complex characters and spellbinding narration. This sort of reminded me of Tahereh Mafi's Shatter Me and Shelley Workinger's Solid. So if you liked both, I'd totally recommend Intangible to you.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Intangible.