Autumn's Reviews > Tiger Lily

Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson

Aug 02, 2012

bookshelves: young-adults, sci-fi-fantasy, fairy-tales, my-reviewed-books, love-stinks
Read from August 22 to 27, 2012

From the beginning of this lovely book it is easy to see why someone would publish it. It's well written, breath-taking and beautiful. For YA, it's adult friendly, not immature or contrived and the detailed character development turned the fantasy of Neverland into a reality. As an admirer of J.M Barrie's Peter Pan this hit the same spot in my heart with the unassuming way of Peter, the strength of Tiger Lily, the kind heart of Pine Sap, the naivety of Wendy, the goodness of Tik Tok, and the confusing unfairness of the world they shared. These characters made the story seem real, like an experience one could have if they just bought tickets and stepped on a boat headed for an island, or asked around in London for the house of Pan, once the boy that would never grow up. There's much emotion in this book...especially about the things people wish they would have said to someone but never did... people's inability to tear down the walls they build around their hearts...the way we want everything but can't have it. A book about letting go. It made me cry so high marks for that. Did I tell you how realistically sad this books is? Highly recommended even if you are not a fan of YA books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tiger Lily.

Quotes Autumn Liked

Jodi Lynn Anderson
“Sometimes I think that maybe we are just stories. Like we may as well just be words on a page, because we're only what we've done and what we are going to do.”
Jodi Lynn Anderson, Tiger Lily