Kristen's Reviews > Murder Most Frothy

Murder Most Frothy by Cleo Coyle

Aug 02, 12

Read in October, 2011

I like this series and the characters in it for the most part. The coffee side story is fun for a coffee-maniac like me, and the slap-stick aspect of some of the things that go on is fun.

This time around Clare Cosi is in "the Hamptons" setting up a coffee/dessert pairings menu for a restauranteur there, and living in his fantastic Hamptons mansion for the summer. Joining her are her daughter Joy, and her ex-mother-in-law Madame. Unfortunately, as is often the case murder seems to dog Clare's steps and during a July 4th fireworks display, someone shoots one of the waiters from the restaurant through a window in the mansion where the restauranteur - David - is hosting a party.

While the police are convinced the waiter was the target, Clare is certain that David was the real target and the waiter just had the bad luck to physically resemble David a bit too much. Clare is determined to find out who's trying to killl David, because she's sure the culprit will try again.

For the most part I enjoyed this installment, although I did find Clare a bit excessively annoying and self-righteous about telling everyone else how they should behave, while continuously not taking her own advice for her how behaviour and putting herself into ridiculously risky and dangerous situations throughout the book, and then justifying the risks with reasoning that makes no sense. I hope that the future books will bring Clare back to a bit less hypocritical behaviour. Other than that, the book was just as enjoyable as the others so far

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Murder Most Frothy.