Jeff Yoak's Reviews > The Power of Less: The Fine Art of Limiting Yourself to the Essential...in Business and in Life

The Power of Less by Leo Babauta

Feb 05, 2016

bookshelves: audio-collection, read-in-2012, physical-on-hand, read-in-2015, read-in-2016
Read from February 03 to 05, 2016 , read count: 3

I've looked for some time for a good secular book that looks into notions of things like meditation, mindfulness and such without all the mysticism. This book is squarely non-mystical and glances that target. Unfortunately, I couldn't get all of the value out of the audiobook as much of what I think will be valuable are exercises to be written down and done, practices to include in 10k, 30k and 40k gtd reviews and other things that you can't simply remember. I finished the audio a few days ago and today just received a paper copy I'd ordered. This is a good enough book to read twice back-to-back, with the second time focused on doing.

I was surprised, but it was tortuous to read in paper for some reason and I gave it up quickly. I think I'll just listen to it again in audio and take more notes, somewhere between a few months and a year out.
3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Power of Less.

02/05 marked as: read

message 1: by Ash (new)

Ash Ryan Thanks for the recommendation, sounds right up my alley. If you liked this, a couple of other books along these lines you might enjoy are Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg McKeown, and The One Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results by Gary Keller.