gina's Reviews > Overbite

did not like it
bookshelves: audiobook, urban-fantasy, vampires-werewolves
Read in August, 2012

Oh..well.

Sometimes it's good things end early. But I have to tell you, half way through this book I caught myself thinking "Wow! This is so much more of a better book than the first one! It's more original (not constantly pulling from and referencing vamp lit & pop culture out there)"
And then she f'd it all up by ending it in the worst way ever. Seriously? There was not that much attraction between her and Aleric (forgive spelling, I listened to *not* read the book). And by the end Lucien was a drag too. It felt like such a cop out to let the vamp die and set her up with the guy she hadn't even talked to in two weeks and I'm sorry... but the LOVE OF HER LIFE she gets over in 2 weeks?? And goes off to an island with some other guy she's only kissed ONCE. Once!??!

And let's not forget that this has to be the most g rated vampire book for ADULTS ever. There was one maybe 2 curse words in it. At least 5 or 6 times I could think of a perfectly appropriate curse word to use for the crazy shit that was happening around these people. It's not like they were saying "golly gee" or anything, it just didn't feel real. I heard that Ms. Cabot wrote fluffy chiclit kind of YA first. Maybe her strict guidelines for language carried over to this vampire nonsense she tried to get on the bandwagon for. I don't know who she was writing for but it wasn't me. And the book started off with so much more potential...

I would not recommend this to any of my adult friends who wanted to read fun vampire fiction. The longer I'm done listening to the audiobook the more pissed off I am about it and the further down it's stars have gone. I want my hours of audio listening time back. At least this is her final book. The ending didn't feel real or right at all. I was very dissappointed in how it all played out.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Overbite.

message 1: by Denisse (new)

Denisse Eyo Me too i was so annoyed on why she picked him over lucien whom lets face it is total hot! And im not trying to base this on looks or anything but she seems too be well suited with lucien that the other guy! ( i cant say his name cuz i just get annoyed)

message 2: by gina (new) - rated it 1 star

gina Thank you! Lol. I'm glad I'm not the only one! Lucien was total hot and she ruined him. I had to watch an entire season of vampire diaries to make up for this injustice lol!

Jordan S There was more chemistry between her and her brother than her and Alaric. Seriously. Horrible ending.

Samantha Pretty much agree, it was an ending that screamed forced love triangle. A shame really.