Christina DaCunha's Reviews > Taken by Storm

Taken by Storm by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Aug 03, 2012

liked it
Read from August 02 to 03, 2012 — I own a copy

The writing style in this book and the past books in the series is just in a word "painful". There is just to many times that the same repetitive scenario is seen, between her talking about her past with the werewolf attack when she was 4, or when she goes through her episodes and she has to "survive" or "protect". The real reason that i keep getting caught into these books is for Callum and Devon, because honestly as little as we know about these characters, they are two we see have more dept to them. There is so much that can happen with the two of them and the end of this book just leaves more to see. Chase and Bryn relationship if you can even call it that was empty. We know nothing or Chase, and we are left with questions,for example in the first book how he said he loved Bryn before he became a wold, um when did you even see her as a human? or the fact that he suffered as a human but we know nothing about that human life. And really the attachment they have to each other was so spontaneous that I'm still left wondering what time did they really spend together. This series just leaves so much to be explained that i think the author forget about certain aspects. Though i will say that Devon has a very dysfunctional family, i feel bad for Lance; makes you wonder what that poor father did in life. However much as i have to complain about this book, the ending of this particular book is killing me, and if another book comes out I'll be the sucker to get it just because of Callum and Devon.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Taken by Storm.