Sabrina 's Reviews > Whispers in Autumn

Whispers in Autumn by Trisha Leigh

Sep 14, 12

bookshelves: really-awesome, distopic, favorites, ya, autumn, review-books, my-favourite, nice
Read from September 02 to 14, 2012

** spoiler alert ** Review posted also on my blog. www.justfantasybooksadis.blogspot.com

Review

Earth is ruled by the Others. A race of aliens who control people's feelings. And they're not doing this with force, but with mind control. But Althea thinks that is Something Else, and the note let in her necklace wrote by Ko confirms this. Althea pretend she is always happy - like everybody else - though in her deep she knows that she's not alone. And when she meets beautiful Lucas, everything starts to make sense. He is like her, Something Else. Together, they start to search answers. But soon they realize that the danger is really close. Deshi, their " friend " is an Other, too. And when Lucas and Althea discover that their parents are the Elements, and that both of them have some strange powers, like fire and water, they realize that the Others are on their trail. Everything turns into an adventure in which she would never expect to take part of.

My favourite quotes

" Thoughts of Lucas, of what the Others might alreasy have done to him, make me feel ill. I hope the Healer fixed his leg, but if I ever see Lucas again, I am going to punch him right in the face for not telling me how bad it had gotten. "

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" We don't question the Others. They rule Earth, maintain order, protect us from the Wilds. But they are not us. They are Others."

My opinion

This book was perfect! I really can't believe that it finished so fast! :( I enjoyed every word. The story between Althea and Lucas was starting, slowly, to bloom. Trisha Leigh kept us in a continuous suspense. The original ideea, written with a lot of stile and talent, took me into another world, the place where are suppose to be us in two years, in 2015. Althea was afraid of the Others, wich was diferentiating her completely from the other inhabitants from Danbury. It usually happens the opposite - the main character is fearless. But this fact gave the book a little realism. The action was constant and I never get bored. It even made me get over the bedtime and read until dawn. I definately recommend this book and I really hope that I'll get the opportunity to read the second novel. Respect for Trisha Leigh!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Whispers in Autumn.

09/02/2012 page 15
09/10/2012 page 200
51.0% "I LOVE Lucas <3"
09/13/2012 page 300
77.0% "This book is...awesome.<3"
show 5 hidden updates…