Sandra (thebooktrend)'s Reviews > Inescapable

7519010
Aug 02, 12

bookshelves: reviews, paranormal, angels, read-in-2012
Read on August 02, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised with this book. Initially the whole paranormal element is very difficult and complex to grasp at and sometimes can be confusing, but once it was all explained it began to grow on me.

My Thoughts:

1. I really liked how the plot was set up to incorporate a love triangle situation rather than just adding one for the sake of drama. However the Evie's feelings were SO clear that there wasn't really a love triangle to begin with.
2. I'd say that it was a fast-paced book; there was a lot of intense and suspenseful scenes.
3. The storyline focuses on the whole fallen angels and soul mates aspect. But once we've reached 3/4 of the book, it felt like the author was trying to cram too many supernatural elements into the plot. That's where it got really confusing...
4. The dialogue was fun, witty and hilarious. It's a great way to give comic relief to the whole angst romance and paranormalcy.
5. The romance is definitely swoon worthy, steamy and sometimes cheesy (but nothing over-the-top cliché)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Inescapable.