Michelle Book Briefs's Reviews > Flock

Flock by Wendy Delsol

Oct 04, 12

bookshelves: own, review-on-blog
Read in October, 2012

I can't believe the final book in the Stork trilogy is finally here. I am sad to see this trilogy come to an end but I really liked the way it all ended. I thought this book was better than the second one- I really enjoyed it! We got to see lots of new characters, which I think was awesome. I think that was just the thing missing from book 2. The new additions breathed new life into the story.

Kat is just such a determined girl. She does not give up, which is so admirable. Even if she doesn't always follow the rules. Plus she has this cute little snarky streak in her that I really found amusing. And Jack made me smile again! He showed me why I loved him so much in the first book. That in itself made me super happy.

Flock is a surprising end to an adventurous trilogy. I didn't see a few things coming in this installment. And one of them was pretty big! I'm not going to say a word though, you will just have to read it for yourself to find out. And then once you do, let me know if you like it or not. Personally I did like it, even though it bummed me out a little bit. But I think it was fitting.

I said in my previous reviews that I loved the norse mythology in the previous too books and this one was pretty awesome too. I was so happy to see more legends explained and woven into the story. Plus some secrets uncovered and mysteries answered. I felt like Flock was a satisfying end to a good YA series. I really enjoyed the adventures of the Stork trilogy. And I love that Wendy has something in her author blurb about the series that says she misses Kat and bets they are up to mischief without her or something like that and I just think that is so perfect. I can totally picture Kat stirring up all kinds of mischief, and it is how I like to think of her and her gang too.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Flock.