Sarah Bromley's Reviews > Blood Before Sunrise

Blood Before Sunrise by Amanda Bonilla

Aug 02, 12

Full disclosure: I am close friends with Amanda and one of her critique partners.

I'm not going into a whole synopsis of what happens in BLOOD BEFORE SUNRISE. Suffice to say, I enjoy the complications in Darian and Tyler's relationship, and I think Darian's character is evolving. She is still headstrong and wants things done her way, but she also has to think long and hard about the ramifications of her actions in regards to other people and their feelings.

Also, Raif is my favorite character in this series and has been ever since I read SHAEDES OF GRAY a few years ago now. I love that he is at the heart of BLOOD BEFORE SUNRISE even if he isn't on the page too often, and his relationship with Darian, their sister-brother/mentor-student way of handling each other, is the one that I think humanizes Darian. They are both cold warriors, and in each other, they've found someone who really understands their hardness while softening them.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Before Sunrise.