Marian's Reviews > Revenge of the Witch

Revenge of the Witch by Joseph Delaney

Mar 24, 09

Read in March, 2009

Intensely scary. There was a time or two I raced up the stairs to jump into the safety of my bed after listening to this book. Thank goodness I'm left-handed which, according to the book, gives me a slight advantage over anything creepy that goes bump in the night.

One star had to go for things like coffin maggots and carnivorous hogs--gross!

Of the books I have recently listened to on CD this one has the best narration by far. It is excellent.
16 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Revenge of the Witch.

Glenna I read this book when I was looking for books that might interest Ben. Just know that you won't want to read it alone in the dark. It's hard to explain that the author can build a lot of suspense without the "horror" in adult books. Ben really liked it too, but when I asked him why he wasn't reading it at night before he went to sleep, he told me that is was a book you had to read in the daylight!

Denver This is a really gorry book but very good and it dosen't sware so i would suggest reading the whole series.

Marian I'm looking forward to it, Denver. Have you read the Ranger's Apprentice series?

Denver yes I have I am rereading them right now.

Marian I really like them. And I heard they are being made into a movie. Do you know if that's true?

Denver no I don't know if that is true

Glenna I understand that it is. The director is Kevin Lima (Enchanted) but do not fear if you are afraid that all the spooks will sing and dance because the screenwriter is Matt Greenberg. He has done a Stephen King and a Halloween movie. It might be too scary for any of us to go see.

Marian Well, count my mom out. She doesn't do scary movies--unless they're silent.

Janell Very funny!!! Although, I have to admit that its true. :-)

message 10: by Teri (new)

Teri I was going to give these a try until Denver told me about the blood cakes, etc. so I decided to pass.

Marian There is a bit of gore. The fantasy world Delaney creates seems to soften it to a degree though. I'm not gonna lie, there are parts that made me jump.

Denver I would still say that mom should read it. It gives us a break from other things.

Marian Oh yes. It is a must read no matter how squeamish you are.