Patricia's Reviews > Inkheart

Inkheart by Cornelia Funke

Aug 03, 07

bookshelves: booksilove, highestrecommendation, childrens, youngadults
Recommended for: Lovers of all things books
Read in July, 2007

This book is everything I ever wanted. It's a book about a book and lovers of books. It's very self-affirming for me. Now I don't feel like a COMPLETE goober for 1) smelling books 2) learning Elvish or 3) bringing at least 5 books with me everywhere I go.

Note: just because I don't FEEL like a complete goober, does not mean I am not one.

"Inkheart" is the first in a trilogy. "Inkspell" is already out, and "Inkdeath" will be out in 2008.

You may not love "Inkheart" in and of itself; however, if you are a lover of books, I find you will at least appreciate the characters and the sentiments within the pages if not like the story as a whole.
66 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Inkheart.

message 1: by Mare (new) - added it

Mare S You learned Elvish? You're lucky I already love you. But dude, I love the smell of books! One day I will read this book. It's on my to-read list, I think.

Nicole I love the smell of books as well! I especially love finding old, secondhand bookstores -- not just for the books, but also because they really smell like books

message 3: by bea (new) - rated it 5 stars

bea P I find that every book has a distinct smell. When I open a book and smell it the whole story comes back to me:]

message 4: by Nirvana (new) - added it

Nirvana Finally someone else who also smells books!! So I'm not a complete wierdo!! :D

Elizabeth Engstrom I agree with everything you said. except the goober part.

message 6: by Hannah (new) - added it

Hannah i'm not a weirdo for smelling books or bringing 5with me where ever I go if you do!

Breana How do you open the book and read it

Breana OH MY GOD HOW THE HECK DO YOU OPEN THE STINKIN BOOK!!!!!