Lady Jayme,'s Reviews > I Suck at Girls

I Suck at Girls by Justin Halpern

Aug 07, 12

Read from August 02 to 05, 2012

From the author that wrote the side-splittingly hilarious memoir, Sh*t My Dad Says, comes a new, equally hilarious book, I Suck At Girls. This time the book focuses on the author’s awkward, endlessly amusing interludes with the opposite sex, rather than his frank, rather profane father. However, if you enjoyed his father’s straight-shooting, entertaining interjections and advice from the first book, never fear—he’s featured prominently in this memoir as well.

Through a humorous lens, you’ll follow Justin as he draws a terrible, inappropriate portrait of his first crush and makes her cry, steals a hobo’s most precious collection, and stumbles into adult relationships as a dishwasher at Hooters. Though the book’s purpose is primarily to make the reader laugh, there’s a certain amount of honest sweetness in these pages. Besides savoring his embarrassments, we also get to see him grow as a person and fall in love for the first time.

A doctor tells him, "You are good at sitting," in one chapter and the good news is that he's also good at storytelling. If you're looking for a laugh-out-loud, feel-good book, this is perfect! It's a quick read and will leave you looking forward to his next installment.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Suck at Girls.

08/02/2012 page 49

Lady Claire, Marchioness of Fancy Pants Excellently written review.

Lady Jayme, Thanks! I write reviews for the library blog sometimes and this is one.

Lady Claire, Marchioness of Fancy Pants Well done. It's nice to see you flexing your natural writer's talent.