Susan Mann's Reviews > A Witch in Love

A Witch in Love by Ruth Warburton

Aug 02, 2012

Read from August 02 to 06, 2012

I love A Witch in Winter as you can read from my review. I was desperate to read the sequel to it and was not disappointed, however, it took me a while to get into this book. A Witch In Love started off not long after where A Witch in Winter left off. Anna and Seth were still together and in love. I love this couple, one of my favourite fictional characters.

Anna is a great character, she's a witch but not able to control her powers yet as she has only had then since coming to live in Winter. She is a teenager and comes across as a teenager, not one beyond her time. She has teenage issues, hopes and fears and I think Ruth Warburton has made Anna very real and very likable.

Seth is another great character, he is a typical teenage boys, sometimes not always ruled by his heart but other parts of the male anatomy as they are. He too is very likable and they both go well together. Anna's best friend in Winter Emmaline is feisty and tells it like it is, sometimes not always when it should be but she's a great addition to the story.

This plot in this book is a lot darker than A Witch in Love, it has several nail biting moments and definitely kept me gripped until the end. Anna finds herself in danger on many occasions and some horrendous situations. The book also answers a lot of questions left over from the last book which is good, but there are still many more I would like to read about. I cannot wait for book 3.

A lot about the past is uncovered and at times I really felt for Anna, she really needed more people to turn to. This book was a real roller coaster and action packed. I loved this book and cannot wait to continue the story. Witches are one of my favourite fictional characters and if you like them, you'll love this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Witch in Love.