Jess's Reviews > Where You Are

Where You Are by Tammara Webber

Aug 09, 12

bookshelves: chick-lit, swoony-boys, new-adult
Read from August 02 to 09, 2012

I fell in love with Graham and Emma in the Between the Lines, and that definitely didn't change in this one. If anything, my love for those two only deepened as they struggle through the challenging business of a building a relationship long distance in a business that is very unforgiving and insensitive to young love.

Reid Alexander remains the consummate playboy. Only this time his efforts are stifled by none other than prevous girlfriend and co-star, Brooke. Both of them want something they can't have. Brooke has convinced herself that she can't lose Graham to Emma, and Reid just wants Emma. Together, these two devise a very devious plan to break the two of them up, but when it comes down to the wire, after they've already wreaked havoc on the two people they supposedly love/want, can they go through with it... and at what cost?

I'd like to say this about Reid. I was most impressed with his "personal growth." For the bulk of the novel it felt like he was going to continue playing the role life has always handed him, but it became increasingly clear that this bad boy has a soft spot deep down inside. With the right coaxing... aka the right girl, I'm betting he'll change his tune on love.

Tammara Webber masterfully navigated through four points of view (Graham, Emma, Brooke, and Reid) to tell this story, a feit that can often feel felt redundant and confusing. In this case, the POV jump made sense, gave me the information I needed, but kept me fully engaged.

I love these characters and can't wait to see where we end up in the final book.

Onward.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Where You Are.

08/03/2012
19.0% "Oh Graham... your heart is so good."