Brandon Crary's Reviews > Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe

Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz

M 50x66
Aug 02, 12

Recommended to Brandon by: My ex-boyfriend
Recommended for: Everyone, especially teens or anyone who has ever been in love
Read on August 01, 2012, read count: Twice

The other day afire dot mine suggested I read this book, and I had no idea as to why until I got home yesterday from the library... I have to say this is not at all what I expected, the tale of two young Latino boys that meet at a pool. But the surprising this about this book, is that I myself can relate heavily to their tale. I find my self to be very much like Ari, but without the close relationship with my parents. I am a fifteen year old homosexual boy, which I think is what I makes this book such a great read, but as I was reading this, it made me very emotional, because I was basically looking into a mirror tha mimmiced much of how I felt, and I think that is why he recommend this book to me, so I could see how others saw me. I have never head of this author before, however this book was truly fantastic for me to read, not too boring like some books, not too fast or slow. Though I really like the way it was written where one chapter would kinda leave you hanging a bit until you kept reading, which made or grey suspense, and I was Abe to read this book in about seven hours, though i wish it was a bit more realistic, I found it to be a beautiful story, and it's kinda sad how rarely things lik that really happen. But if it were up to me I would turn this book into a film as well.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe.