Jodie's Reviews > Breathe

Breathe by Abbi Glines

Aug 01, 12

bookshelves: love-love-love, series-i-have-yet-to-complete
Read on July 31, 2012

This book was so sweet. Just the perfect amount of sugar.

This story is about the gorgeous, self-conscious Sadie. She doesn’t feel gorgeous; she’s 17 years old but lives the life of a parent. She cooks, cleans, sleeps, eats and works to support her deadbeat pregnant mother who she refers to as Jessica. Fortunately for Sadie her mum can’t be bothered to drag herself to work so she has to fill in, and this is where it gets juicy.

Sadie is a maid for the family of Jax Stone – a major teenage heart throb. They get to know each other and fall head over heels in love. I adored their relationship.

*Sadie to Marcus “I am sure you’re right. But no guy I have ever met has made my heart go on a frenzy and my skin tingle just by walking into a room. Somehow, he is the only one who has ever been able to touch my soul.”

Sadie is so sweet and insecure and doesn’t know how alluring she is and Jax is just a boy who wants to be himself and not a pop star. They were the ying to the others yang. I loved them. It wasn’t all smooth sailing.

*‘To live without a daydream or hope for happiness was like walking around dead. There was no future I could see that gave me reason to daydream.’ Awwww. The despair I felt reading Sadie feeling this :(

When Sam came along, Sadie struggled with issues of her heart, being mother to her newborn brother, working to pay the bills and staying awake in school. She really was a machine. I felt for her. Truly. She is so kind hearted she put everyone in front of herself and didn’t once whine about the cards she was dished. I adored the lyrics throughout and could almost hear the guitar playing in the background. I could imagine the calm feeling surrounding Sadie each time she listened.

*’He was my air, my soul, and the keeper of my heart.’ I felt her love on each and every page.

The book had great supporting characters in Ms Mary (she got me teary), Marcus (the best friend) and Mr Greg the gardener. What a lovely little tight knit group.

I am so looking forward to the next of the series “Because Of Low” Loving Ms Glines voice...
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Breathe.