Jessica's Reviews > Size 12 and Ready to Rock

Size 12 and Ready to Rock by Meg Cabot

Aug 05, 12

bookshelves: 2012, mystery, series
Read from August 04 to 05, 2012

I liked Size 12 and Ready to Rock only slightly more than I liked Big Boned. Still important to note, I love the Heather Wells books and the majority of Meg Cabot's works. Heather Wells is one of my favorite Cabot series of books.

This one felt different than the first 3 in the series, at least for me. There were 2 noticeable differences. First, set in the summertime and revolving around the Tania Trace Rock Camp for teen girls, Fischer Hall is only a location where it is set. A couple of the characters are still there (Sarah, Tom, Steven, Magda) but a lot of them aren't. Instead, Jordan Cartwright and Tania Trace are quite important in the books and actually (I felt) were good characters, nice people who got along well with Heather (despite their history). Secondly, the book has more serious tones than it ever has before. Sure, murder has always been a feature in the story. Size 12 and Ready to Rock also touches on infertility issues as well as domestic violence, physical abuse (towards a spouse and towards a teenager) and blackmail. Meg Cabot did a great job at introducing these issues and underlining their importance without making the book scary.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Size 12 and Ready to Rock.

08/05/2012 page 130