Erin's Reviews > Little Blue Truck Leads the Way

Little Blue Truck Leads the Way by Alice Schertle

Sep 03, 12

bookshelves: children-s-books, fiction
Read in July, 2012

My daughter loves the Pixar movie Cars. Loves it. So when I found this book about a little blue truck at our local library, I thought we'd give it a shot.

At first read, the angry expressions on the cars' faces made my daughter nervous, and I was worried she'd pick up on phrases like "shove on, shorty." But the second night we read it, she began asking who the various automobiles were. She learned taxi, double-decker bus, limousine, and street sweeper, and we both have a lot of fun making the various zoom, swish-swash, and screeeeech noises that go along with them.

I'm not sure whether she gets the point of the story, but several times during our morning commute she's told me, "Too fast, mommy! 'one at a time is the way to go.'"

So this one's made it onto her birthday presents list, along with Little Blue Truck by the same author/illustrator team, and I would recommend it to any city or country folk whose little one likes cars and trucks.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Little Blue Truck Leads the Way.