Mona's Reviews > Don't Turn Around

Don't Turn Around by Michelle Gagnon

Dec 03, 12

bookshelves: ya-contemporary, thriller
Read in August, 2012

Freaking awesome! Stay tuned to www.paperbackdolls for full review.

********************************************************************************

Wow! What an incredible book! This fast paced and exciting YA kept me up reading long after I should have been in bed. But I couldn’t put it down. So many mysteries, so many coincidences, and so much like real life you’ll wonder if it’s actually fiction.

After waking up in a warehouse with an IV in her arm, Noa makes a daring escape. Meanwhile, across town, Peter indulges in his favorite pastime…hacking his dad’s files…only to end up on the floor with a bunch of gun toting thugs in suits stealing his laptop.

Peter wonders what the file he stumbled across has to do with the thugs accosting him, but no one will give him a straight answer. So he turns to one of the best hackers in the business, Rain, aka Noa.

Noa needs money so she can remain hidden and find out what the hell is going on and why she has an incision in her chest. Peter’s hacking request provides the money, and her research also provides some answers for her. But soon, she and Peter are on the run trying to stay a step ahead of the goons with guns and trying to stay alive. It’s not as easy as it would seem.

When friends start turning up dead simply for helping them, Peter and Noa realize whatever they’ve uncovered is bigger and more complex than they ever imagined. When all else fails, they still have their worldwide network of hackers ready and willing to help. Never underestimate the power of the technologically gifted.

An incredible story of intrigue that will keep you guessing and reading and biting your nails, Don’t Turn Around is fascinating. I can’t wait for the next book in the series to learn what happens with Noa and Peter.

The sad thing about it is, with so many children in the ‘system’ in real life, it’s not impossible to imagine something like this actually taking place. So many kids run away and end up living on the streets, how do we know some unscrupulous corporation isn’t abducting them and using them as guinea pigs? Farfetched? Maybe, but then again, maybe not.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Don't Turn Around.