Jimmmunchel's Reviews > Last to Die

Aug 29, 12

bookshelves: to-read
Read in August, 2012

LAST TO DIE by Tess Gerritsen

My addiction for the Jane Rizzoli/Maura Isles novels has been in full bloom for many years now. When I read that a television show based on Tess Gerritsen’s books was in the works, I was extremely eager to see how well they translated to the small screen.
After watching a few episodes I was a bit confused. I heard that television takes many liberties and molds characters and events crucial to ‘the’ original fictional personas and adds and subtracts to create an audience.
The main characters of Rizzoli and Isles in Ms. Gerristsen’s thrillers are so much better than their television counterparts. The characterizations of Jane and Maura are merely constant one liners always tossing out sexual innuendos and in my opinion dry humping their way through one murder investigation after another.
. The inner workings of a deep and caring relationship for each other and the professions that encompass their lives is what makes Ms. Gerritsen’s detective novels so enjoyable.

Three teenagers have been orphaned ‘twice’ by unknown forces and come together at a school for ‘damaged’ children run by the always mysterious and extremely rich Anthony Sansome. He is the head of the Mephisto Club. An organization created to seek out and destroy evil at any cost and rumored to have members scattered all over the globe.
Toss in a scary, old castle, now the Evensong School and a creepy cast of teachers/professors and the insight of two of the finest written crime solvers in fiction today and you have a few sleepless nights. Resulting in jumping at every unknown noise heard throughout the house. What was that????????

Jim Munchel
Co-Manager Books
Books A Million
Harrisburg, Pa.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Last to Die.