Vanessa theJeepDiva's Reviews > Dark Craving

Dark Craving by Donna Grant

Aug 02, 12

bookshelves: 2012, ebook, paranormal-romance
Read from August 01 to 02, 2012

Cassie and I have something in common, we travel the same. If you ever want to hear disaster stories about travel talk to me or Cassie. Oh, poor Cassie. She has been forced to move into her brother’s rental cottage. That is just the beginning of her problems though. The move was not smooth. Cassie is learning all of Murphy’s Laws when it comes to this relocation. There is a perk to this move, the distillery next door is full of hot men. Those men have the task of protecting both dragons and humans. One of them just happens to want to keep her warm. Hal and his Dragon King ilk cannot feel love for a human. This is a punishment placed on them by the King of the Kings. This punishment seemed too overkill in my opinion once all was found out about it.

I was really into this story, until the naked man with a sword fell from the sky. I had a hard time taking the novella seriously after that point. The insta-love that Cassie and Hal felt I never picked up on how they got there. It was very rushed. I know it’s a novella with a small amount of pages, I still needed more. Several things were brought up that seemed important, and then was never mentioned again. The Silvers moving for instance seemed important, mentioned, moved on. I still have no clue what happened to Cassie’s brother.

I will give the second eBook a try when it becomes available. I love paranormal romance. Dragon shifters always grab my attention. I’m hoping that since the world has been created and some of the vital components have been explained that some of the finer details will get more elaboration in the next novella. Novellas always leave me wanting more, this one has left me with wanting to know more about Tristan, the Silvers, and the portal.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Craving.