Chrissy (The Every Free Chance Reader)'s Reviews > Quest, Inc.

Quest, Inc. by Justin Cohen

Aug 01, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: reviewed-on-blog
Read from August 01 to 03, 2012

Did I enjoy this book: This book was good. Quest, Inc. was a quick read that had some entertaining parts in it. It was not a book that I had to read every free chance I had though.

The five main characters - the mentors of Quest - each had their own issues to work through as they helped their clients. Robert, the body builder health nut, had fallen off the wagon and reverted back to his "fat" stage. He got back on the wagon after he hit rock bottom with the help of his friends. He recognized the choices he had to make and the impulses that everyone faces. Carter, the psychologist, has issues of her own to deal with but she was the driving force behind the formation of Quest and keeping everyone together to help others. Mickey, the property mogul, was the character that I liked the least. He was very arrogant and hard to trust and like. Jay, the inspirational guru so-to-speak, seemed to be the one person in this group that got it the most - you can't make other people be what you want them to be, you have to help them be a better version of themselves. And Alexia, the beauty expert, who seemed to be the most superficial but she has a lot going on with herself and her goddaughter.

Watching each of their journeys was interesting and kept me reading. Also watching them help others (though sometimes it wasn't apparent if the help was working) was also fascinating to read. Quest, Inc. read like a self-help book in some respects, but not in a bad way.

The one thing that I did not enjoy so much was the scene jumping. It may have been the digital version that I received, but there did not seem to be many clear transitions. For example, at one point Robert was giving Victoria a tour of the Quest facility and the next paragraph he was in front of the refrigerator contemplating what to eat. These transitions made it difficult to really follow along smoothly. But, as I said, it may have been the review copy that I was given.

Would I recommend it: Maybe. It would depend on the reader.

Will I read it again: I will not. I would be interested in reading the next book in this series, though, because Quest, Inc. ended with a cliffhanger.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Quest, Inc..