Ashley's Reviews > The Mating

The Mating by Nicky Charles

Aug 03, 12

Read from August 01 to 03, 2012

VERY well written. The characters are vibrant and alive, and the plot is amazing yet simple. It doesn't get all confusing with numerous subplots and random details. Everything is useful and needed, even if you don't know why yet. There's a bit of a mystery, as someone is sabotaging Kane's land and pack, so you have to figure out who it is. There are hints and details, and you know something's not right with this person or that event or that memory. But the clues don't come together until Nicky Charles wants them to, and it's amazing. The romance is amazing too. It's not raunchy or useless romance and sex, but really helps the story flow. In the beginning, all Elise and Kane have is their physical relationship. I really like the dynamics of these two, and I really like the personalities of all the other pack mates. I admit, I was thinking the story would be much simpler than it was. But the twist at the end really got me. Beautiful writing. And the book is free for ereaders! Can't beat free! They can be found at her site: Wonderful read, seriously.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mating.