Shy The WidowMaker's Reviews > Fire Dance

Fire Dance by Kailin Gow

Sep 30, 12

Read from September 15 to 16, 2012

This book was way more than I expected it to be. I loved everything about it. It had the right amount of action,romance and the plot was well written. This is the third book in this series and jumps right back into the action. We pick up on the story with Mac having to make some tough choices and hurt some people along the way. I loved that the author could write a love triangle as more than just that. I had a hard time deciding who I liked more as I loved Varun and Chance for different reasons. Varun allowed Mac to live her life on her terms and be whatever she wanted to be even if it would hurt him in the end. Chance just seemed to have such a calming affect on Mac. They were both such cuties too and truly wanted what was best for Mac.

The world building was phenomenal in this story too. The author made the island they lived on seem so lush and beautiful. The descriptions made me feel like I was on the island with the characters and really drawn into the world. I loved the way she described the water world too. It just seemed mysterious and yet so mythical and breathtaking. I loved that the people in the town accepted that there were Embodiments and let them live their lives how they wanted and didn't hold that against them. I also loved that they were finally willing to fight to protect themselves and their families.

Mac really came into her own too and embraced her Vesta powers. I loved seeing such a strong side to her and seeing just how powerful she really was. She was truly like a different more aware person. I liked that she was ok with making the hard choices even though she knew the outcomes weren't always going to great. She was willing to sacrifice herself for all that she believed in and I loved that about her. The author wrote such a strong heroine and that's just the way I like them to be. I don't like the whiny types that have to depend on guys for everything. Overall I loved this book and highly recommend it to lovers of mythology reads and lovers of a great book and awesome love story. It was action packed and it felt like the time just flew by and I was done reading it before I knew it. I wanted the story to keep going and hated that it had to end.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fire Dance.

09/15/2012